Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Low-Fat Recipes: Sarah's Applesauce | Submitted By: PHATCAT

4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped3/4 cup water1/4 cup white sugar1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamonIn a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher. Amount Per Serving  Calories: 121 | Total Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 0mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database

Servings Per Recipe: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 121

Total Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgTotal Carbs: 31.8g    Dietary Fiber: 3.5gProtein: 0.4g VIEW DETAILED NUTRITION
About: Nutrition Info

 view all reviews »

The reviewer gave this recipe 4 stars. This recipe averages a 4.8 star rating. Reviewed on Jul. 23, 2005 by KEI8HT   view full review This is one of the first things I've tried to cook, and I don't think it came out how it was supposed to, but I think the next time I make it, it will be even more wonderful!! I used 4 small gala apples and 1 medium granny smith, added a little bit more water, and kept the peels on for added nutritional benefit. Next time I will peel them and chop up the peels into much smaller bits and add 'em in...I'll also probably cook it a few minutes longer, I think I probably let it sit on the stove for about 21-22 minutes, stirring occasionally but a few more minutes would of probably been better. I also didn't use an exact measurement on the 1/2 t of cinn. (Just kinda eye-balled it with a 1 t) and it was the perfect amount. I will probably use a tad less sugar too. Anyway... all my non-skills at cooking aside, this tastes SOOOOO good!!!! Thanks phatcat for making one of my first cooking experiences a positive one! Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
92 users found this review helpful This is one of the first things I've tried to cook, and I don't think it came out how it was...

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment