Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Healthy Breakfast Recipes: Simple Summer Smoothie | Submitted By: Toni Ann

1 banana1 cup frozen strawberries1 cup frozen blueberries1 cup frozen cherries4 ice cubes1/2 cup orange juice3/4 cup vanilla yogurt1/2 teaspoon honey (optional)Place the banana, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and ice cubes into a blender. Pour in the orange juice, vanilla yogurt, and honey. Puree until smooth. Amount Per Serving  Calories: 139 | Total Fat: 1.2g | Cholesterol: 2mg

 view all reviews »

The reviewer gave this recipe 5 stars. This recipe averages a 4.4 star rating. Great flavor and very refreshing! I used frozen banana, blueberries and cherries, and fresh strawberries, plain yogurt and added about 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. I probably used less orange juice, as I was leery of the citrus flavor, but then added a splash of skim milk to get the right texture. I also skipped the ice, as most of my fruit was frozen so I didn't think I needed it, and sweetened to taste with agave nectar. I had frozen fresh cherries specifically to try in a smoothie, and this recipe is a perfect example of how to use them that way! Thanks for sharing! Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
8 users found this review helpful Great flavor and very refreshing! I used frozen banana, blueberries and cherries, and fresh... Uh-oh, looks like no one has created a custom version of this recipe yet. Be the first to do it - make changes to this recipe now!

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment